GENERAL SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STATISTICS:
- 77.6 percent of small businesses report using social media to promote their businesses and among them, Facebook is far and away the top platform used:
- 44 percent of local businesses said they depend on social media to generate brand awareness, and 41 percent depend on it to drive revenue.
- Almost 90 percent of marketers say their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their business, and 75 percent say they’ve increased traffic.
- More than 50 percent of marketers who have been implementing social media marketing tactics for two years have reported improved sales.
- More than 1 in 3 Internet users say they go to social networks when looking for more information about a brand or product. The likelihood of doing this is linked very strongly to age: